Error message when you try to browse a Web page that is hosted on a server that is running IIS 7.0: "HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized"
HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized
Description of HRESULT:You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, locate the folder that contains the file that you want to browse.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Add the account of the authenticated user.
- Grant the Read permission to the account, and then click OK.
Article ID: 942042 - Last Review: 09/28/2007 23:33:02 - Revision: 1.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB942042