Description of the update for Communicator 2007: December 17, 2007
This article describes the Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 issues that are fixed in the Communicator 2007 update package that is dated December 17, 2007.
Issues that the update package fixesThis update fixes the following issues:
- 943223 Communicator 2005 client computers may send many DNS queries for the name of the Live Communications Server 2005 pool
- 945542 Error message when you send an instant message to a distribution group that contains more than 100 members in Communicator 2007: "<GroupName> is too large to display"
- 945543 Communicator 2007 does not release cached person objects after you search for contacts
- 945545 The notification sound does not play in Communicator 2007 when you change the notification sound to a .wav file that resides in the Media folder
- 945678 The translation of the word "free" is incorrect in the Polish version of Communicator 2007
- 945287 You cannot type a special character in the password box in Communicator 2007
- 945079 The call is on hold for both the transferor and the transferee when a call transfer fails in Communicator 2007
- 945856 Description of the update that is available to change how Communicator 2007 starts after you install the program
- 945858 On a computer that has Communicator 2007 installed, you do not hear Dual Tone Multi-Frequency tones when you use a device’s dial pad to enter a telephone number
- 945859 When you start Microsoft Office Communicator 2007, Office Communicator causes an access violation
Earlier released updates that this update includesThis update includes the following earlier released update:
944686 Description of the Communicator 2007 hotfix package: November 6, 2007
How to obtain and install the updateThis update is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update has been replaced by update 946164.
Registry informationTo use one of the fixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 943083 - Last Review: 04/07/2008 16:48:52 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
- kbdownload kbupdate atdownload kbpubtypekc kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB943083