Critical update for Office 2003
Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office 2003. This update fixes the following issues that may occur after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3):
- When you try to uninstall Office 2003, the Office folder is removed from the Start menu. Also, Office 2003 appears to have been uninstalled successfully. However, the Office 2003 files are not removed from the computer.
- If you install an Office 2003 suite to your computer by using a custom transform, and then you install the Office 2003 SP3 update, all Office 2003 suite programs are set to Not Installed. Additionally, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- After you repair Office 2003 or after you first run an individual Office 2003 program, the feature state is set to Not installed. This is true even though the files are still present on the hard disk.
- When you start an Office 2003 program, you may receive an error message that resembles the following: Microsoft program_name has not been installed for this user.
- When you try to run a macro or open the VBA editor, you may receive an error that states that the VBA macro support has not been installed or that macro security is set to High. Macros do not run, and VBA editor cannot be started.
- When you try to configure a new mail profile for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, the Office installation program repeatedly tries to configure the Office 2003 suite.
- When you try to run Outlook 2003, you receive the following error message: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall Outlook.Note This error message will be in the language of the version of Outlook 2003 that you are using. For example, in the French version of Outlook, you receive the following error message:Impossible de démarrer Microsoft Office Outlook. Le fichier MAPI32.DLL est corrompu ou correspond à une version incorrecte. Cela est peut-être dû à l'installation d'autres logiciels de messagerie. Veuillez réinstaller Outlook.
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Update informationThe following files are available for download from the MicrosoftDownload Center:
Download the Dutch Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the French Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the Italian Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the German Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the Portuguese (Brazil) Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the Spanish Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Download the Swedish Critical Update for Office 2003 (KB943452) package now.
Release Date: November 13, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Article ID: 943452 - Last Review: 04/25/2008 04:22:15 - Revision: 4.2
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Students and Teachers Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003, Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- kbsetup kbinstallation kbexpertisebeginner kbfix kbinfo KB943452