This article describes how to obtain error code descriptions in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 reports.
Some reports that are included together with System Center Configuration Manager 2007 display errors codes that do not contain an error description. However, you can obtain a description by deciphering the error code. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator Console, open the report that contains the error code that you want to decipher.
- Convert the error code from decimal to hexadecimal. For example, if the error code is -2147012889, you must convert -2147012889 to a hexadecimal value. In this case, the hexadecimal value is FFFFFFFF80072EE7.
- Remove the "FFFFFFFF" in front of the converted error code. In this example, the error code becomes 80072EE7.
- Use the following information to locate the error description:
Article ID: 944375 - Last Review: November 15, 2007 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
|kbinfo kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB944375|