Error message when you try to use Windows Media Player to play a file in Live Meeting 2005: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported"
When you try to use Microsoft Windows Media Player to play a file in Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2005, you receive the following error message:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").
This issue occurs if the Wmnetmgr.dll file is registered incorrectly.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type cd %windir%\system, and then press ENTER.
- Type regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER.
1097, media player, media, player, protocol, dll, lm7, lm2005
Article ID: 944627 - Last Review: 11/13/2007 17:51:03 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2005
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB944627