This article provides an overview of the Windows Live Services updates that Windows Live Beta users receive through Microsoft Update. These updates will be automatically installed if you select the option that allows for updates to be installed on the system automatically. If you select the option to decide whether you want to download or install updates, you will be notified of these new updates.
The products that are described in this article are part of the Windows Live Suite installation. You receive the updated versions of these products through Microsoft Update, if you have a Beta version installed. To download the final versions without waiting for the updates through Microsoft Update, or to add any Windows Live product you may not have installed to this point, visit the following Web site:
Windows Live Mail
This desktop mail program lets you see all your e-mail accounts in one location including Hotmail, Gmail, AOL, or any other IMAP or POP Web e-mail account. Additionally, Windows Live Mail adds many features that you do not usually have with Web mail including the following:
- Spam and virus filters across all your e-mail accounts.
- Ability to start a Windows Live Messenger conversation from your Inbox.
Windows Live Messenger
The latest version of this popular instant messaging (IM) program improves contact cards, file sharing, video calling, and Voice over IP (VOIP) capabilities. With Windows Messenger you can do the following:
- Connect with your friends and family by using text, voice and video.
- Send text to mobile phones or handhelds.
- Control how and when your friends and family see you online.
- IM and support your social cause by joining the I’m™ initiative.
Windows Live Writer
A “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) editing program for bloggers that makes it easy to add photos, maps, tags and more to your blog, and publish directly to Windows Live Spaces, Blogger, TypePad, and many other blogging services. Key features of Windows Live Writer include the following:
- Compatible with Windows Live Spaces, WordPress, Live Journal, and many other blog services.
- Insert and customize photos, videos, tags, and lots of other content.
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Helps you find, organize, fix, and share your photos and videos, stitch together panoramic photos, and upload them all directly to Windows Live Spaces or to Flickr. Windows Live Photo Gallery gives customers the ability to do the following:
- Easily edit and share photos.
- Organize, add captions, and mark favorites for slide shows.
- Share online by using several clicks.
Windows Live Toolbar
Easy access to Live Search and Windows Live, custom buttons, and security features that help you block suspicious Web sites and pop-up windows. Key features of Windows Live Toolbar include the following:
- Ability to start a search from any Web page.
- See instant previews of maps and more from any Web page.
- Customize your Web experience with custom buttons.
Family Safety from Windows Live OneCare
This product provides tools to help you protect your children from unsuitable Web sites and contacts. You decide how much control you want for each child. Some protection features include the following:
- Manage the Web sites that your children can see.
- Manage the people that your children interact with online.
- Stay informed about their Web usage from almost any computer, anywhere.
For more information about Windows Live Products, visit the following Web site:
For more information about Microsoft Update, visit the following Web site:
For the latest announcements about Windows Live or to comment on any of the Windows Live products, visit the following Web site: