FIX: You cannot click to select some check boxes in the installation wizard when you try to install BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 on a server that has BizTalk Server 2006 R2 installed
When you try to install Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 on a server that has Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 installed, you cannot click to select the following check boxes in the installation wizard:
- A4SWIFT Components
- Message Repair and Reconciliation
- The logon user account at the time of the BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 installation is in a parent domain, and the BizTalk groups are in a child domain.
- The BizTalk groups exist on the local server, and the logon user account at the time of the BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 installation is in a parent or child domain.
This issue occurs because the BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 installation wizard cannot validate the membership of users who are already in the BizTalk groups.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have BizTalk Server 2006 R2 and BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the BizTalk services after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Note Because of file dependencies, the most recent hotfix that contains these files may also contain additional files.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to apply the hotfixTo apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Create a temporary user account in the child domain or on the local server, depending on the environment. You must create this account where the BizTalk groups exist. Also, make the temporary user account unique. Do not use the same user name as the domain user in the parent domain. If you do, SWIFT cannot be installed.
- Add the user to the BizTalk groups.
- Log on to the server by using the temporary user account.
- Install BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 and BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0 Service Pack 1. Then log off the account.
- Log on to the server by using a user account that already exists in the parent domain.
Note The user must be in the BizTalk groups and in the SWIFT group.
- Install the hotfix.
Note The hotfix updates the SWIFTConfig.dll file from version 3.0.0302.0 to version 3.0.0400.0. By default, the SWIFTConfig.dll file is in the following location:C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT
- Configure BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0
- Remove the temporary user account.
Note When you want to install a new service pack or a message pack, you must use a temporary user account as described in step 1. You can also use the temporary user account to install BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT Message Pack 2007 before you remove the temporary user account. Additionally, you can create a new temporary user account when you want to install another new service pack or another message pack.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 946043 - Last Review: 06/02/2008 21:41:47 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Developer Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Standard Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Branch Edition, Microsoft Biztalk Accelerator for SWIFT 3.0
- kbautohotfix kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbqfe KB946043