When you install the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 (Opsmgr) reporting feature, the installation may be unsuccessful. Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
SRS Server Validation Error
This issue may also occur when you install Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007.
This issue occurs under the following circumstances:
- The Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) computer that is running SQL Server Reporting Services has the default Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port for the Web site configured.
- SSL is not configured for reporting.
In this scenario, the installation process of the Opsmgr reporting feature uses SSL, and the installation is unsuccessful.
To resolve this issue, remove the SSL port number that is configured for the Web site that contains the appropriate virtual directories in IIS Manager. Then, install the Opsmgr reporting feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services Manager.
- Expand ServerName, and then expand Web Sites.
Note In this step, ServerName represents the name of the server.
- Right-click the Web site that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the Web site tab, delete the port number that appears in the SSL Port box, and then click OK two times.
- Close IIS Manager.
Article ID: 946418 - Last Review: March 12, 2008 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Microsoft System Center Essentials 2007
|kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB946418|