Even though you install the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager agent on the physical nodes of an SQL cluster, the console does not show the cluster resource that is being monitored.
This problem occurs if you have not enabled the proxy agent on the physical nodes of the cluster.
To resolve this issue, enable the proxy agent on the physical nodes of the cluster. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Operations Manager console, and then click Administration.
- Expand Device Management, and then click Agent Managed.
- In the details pane, right-click one of the agent objects that represents a physical node, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, click to select the Allow this agent to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers check box, and then click OK.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each physical node of the cluster.
- Restart the OpsMgr Health Service on 2007 or System Center Management Service on 2007 R2 or 2012 on the cluster nodes.
The cluster resource should now appear in the console.
Article ID: 946427 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbmonitoring kbclustering kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot KB946427|