A non-read report message is sent after you perform a "Mark All as Read" operation against unread e-mail messages in Exchange Server 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 environment, you are running Microsoft Office Outlook in online mode to access the mailbox.
- You perform a "Mark All as Read" operation against a folder that includes unread e-mail messages.
- You move all messages from this folder to the Personal Folder file (.pst).
- In the .pst file, you permanently delete a moved message by pressing SHIFT + DEL. This message included a read receipt request.
From: SenderSent: date, TimeTo: ReceiverSubject: Not read: subjectYour message was deleted without being read on date, time
This problem occurs because the MSGFLAG_RN_PENDING flag and the MSGFLAG_NRN_PENDING flag in the PR_MESSAGE_FLAGS property are not cleared when you perform the "Mark All as Read" operation.
To resolve this problem, install Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on the Exchange server. For more information about Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1, see the following Exchange Help topic:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the PR_MESSAGE_FLAGS MAPI property, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
816915 New file naming schema for Microsoft Windows software update packages
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 946449 - Last Review: 03/18/2009 19:34:40 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixrollup KB946449