The "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" dialog box appears unexpectedly on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to use the Problem Reports and Solutions item in Control Panel on a computer that runs Windows Server 2008, the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration dialog box appears unexpectedly. This problem occurs when you try to view a solution for a problem.
This problem occurs because of the File System Process (FSP).
To resolve this problem, add "about:security_wercon.exe" to the local intranet zone and add "http://wer.microsoft.com" to the to the trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, click Local intranet, and then click Sites.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Add this website to the zone text box, type about:security_wercon.exe click Add, click Close, and then click OK.
- In the Add this website to the zone text box, click Trusted sites, and then click Sites.
- Type http://wer.microsoft.com, click Add, click Close, and then click OK.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 947722 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 16:12:35 - Revision: 2.0
Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Standard
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB947722