Some string variables are not passed to a custom Web form after you set a custom Web page as the default home page in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0:
- In the SiteMap.xml file, you set a value of 1 for the PassParams attribute of a button element that opens a custom Web page.
- You set the custom Web page as the default home page in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- You log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and then you view the custom Web page.
- Organization Name
- User Language Code
- Organization Language Code
This problem occurs when the loader.aspx page is rendered. Although the default subarea is checked, and the home page URL is set, Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not check to verify that the PassParams attribute is set to true. Therefore, the query string variables are never appended to the URL.
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 947978 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 17:39:52 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbmbscustomization kbfix kbautohotfix kbmbsmigrate kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB947978