An Internet Explorer 7 browser window does not open on an alternative desktop on a Windows Vista-based computer
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You create multiple desktops on a Windows Vista-based computer.
- You start Windows Internet Explorer 7 on the default desktop.
- You switch to an alternative desktop.
This issue occurs because protected mode has one separate IEUser.exe broker process. This IEUser.exe broker process makes the following decisions:
- Which browser windows to open.
- Which third-party programs are hosted in the browser windows.
- Whether the browser windows are in protected mode.
To work around this issue, start Internet Explorer 7 on the default desktop.
Article ID: 948140 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 17:35:41 - Revision: 3.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB948140