A date or a time may not be converted to UTC time in the database for some time zones in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
If a Microsoft Dynamics CRM user sets the time zone to a certain time zone, any date or time that the user enters within the standard part of the year is not converted to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when the date or the time is written to the database. The standard part of the year does not include daylight saving times. A date or a time that is entered in the daylight saving time part of the year is converted to UTC time.
The following time zones are affected:
- Adelaide (Commonwealth Games 2006)
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney (Commonwealth Games 2006)
- Cen. Australia Standard Time
- Central Brazilian Standard Time
- E. South America Standard Time
- Hobart (Commonwealth Games 2006)
- Montevideo Standard Time
- New Zealand Standard Time
- Pacific SA Standard Time
- Tasmania Standard Time
- W. Australia Standard Time
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixesImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsThis fix is enabled by default. To turn off this fix and to maintain the release version functionality, follow these steps before you install the latest update rollup:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseRTMTimeZoneOffsetBehavior, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click UseRTMTimeZoneOffsetBehavior, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standardsThe installation of this hotfix does not correct existing data. Therefore, any date values and time values that occur in the standard portion of the year are adjusted by nn hours, where nn is the user's time zone offset from GMT. To correct this, you must manually correct any date values and time values that are affected.
Article ID: 948155 - Last Review: 01/20/2012 11:45:00 - Revision: 5.3
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB948155