The Stsadm.exe command-line tool does not back up or restore user profile information in Office SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- You back up and restore a personal site by using the Stsadm.exe command-line tool.
- You create a new Shared Services Provider (SSP) that has new SSP databases.
- In Office SharePoint Server 2007, you must complete a full SSP backup and restore operation. For example, if you are concerned about data corruption in the SSP database, and you have a backup from before the point of suspected corruption, you can restore that SSP backup to obtain the full set of information.
- In SharePoint Portal Server 2003, you must complete a full backup and restore operation for the _PROF database that the portal application uses. This process may require that you restore the portal application.
- Personal site - The personal site includes documents and lists. This information is stored as a SharePoint site in the content database.
- User profile - The user profile includes information about profiles, links, and details. This information is stored in the SSP or in the_PROF database.
Article ID: 948322 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 09:57:33 - Revision: 1.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB948322