An updated occurrence of a recurring meeting does not appear in Entourage 2004 for Mac when a delegate accepts the meeting
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- A delegate for two managers has access to the managers' calendars at the editor level.
- The delegate opens both managers' calendars in Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac.
- The delegate sends a meeting invitation to one of the managers. Then, the delegate accepts the invitation on behalf of the manager. The meeting recurs daily for three days.
- The delegate adds a second manager as a new attendee to one occurrence of the meeting. Then, the delegate sends the update.
- The delegate accepts the update on behalf of both managers.
In this scenario, the update does not appear in the second manager's calendar on the second manager's computer. However, the update appears in the second manager's calendar on the delegate's computer.
This problem occurs because Entourage does not synchronize the updated occurrence of the meeting to the second manager's calendar.
To work around this problem, ask the manager instead of the delegate to accept the updated occurrence of the meeting.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 948846 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 01:56:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB948846