MS08-070: Description of the security update for Project 2007: December 9, 2008
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS08-070. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
More information about this security update
Known issue with this security updateThis security update updates the CLSID of a Visual Basic 6 control. After you apply this security update, you must register the updated CLSID if you are using the updated controls in any of the following:
- An application other than Microsoft Office.
- A Web application.
- A Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications macro.
- Open a Command Prompt window.
- In Windows Vista, click Start , type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: regsvr32 %windir%\System32\Mscomct2.ocx
- At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
project2007 project2k7 project12 prj2007 prj2k7 prj12 update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service dos patch performance security stability update 2007 office proj project winproj
Article ID: 949046 - Last Review: 05/09/2012 17:53:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- kboffice2007presp2fix kbfix kbbug kbsecvulnerability kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner KB949046