You cannot change public folder quota-related settings in Exchange Server 2007
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 environment, you encounter several problems when you administer public folder quotas. For example, several of the properties that dictate quota behavior cannot be set from the administrative cmdlets or from the Exchange Management Console (EMC). There are also instances in which selecting a specific setting cannot be undone as soon as it is applied.
To resolve this problem, install Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can access the following Microsoft Web site to download Exchange Server 2007 SP2:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
After you apply this software update, the following public folder quota setting updates are introduced:
- The following parameter names for the New-PublicFolder, Get-PublicFolder, Get-PublicFolderDatabase and Set-PublicFolder cmdlets are renamed:
EMC UI names Current cmdlet New cmdlet Issue warning at StorageQuota IssueWarningQuota Prohibit post at PostStorageQuota ProhibitPostQuota Maximum item size MaxItemSize MaxItemSize
- The settings of public folder quotas in the EMC are processed consistently and accurately.
- Users are prevented from changing settings that are not used because other settings override the original settings.
- Settings that are overridden are not displayed.
- If a public folder has the UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults value set to FALSE and you try to set the value to FALSE again, the quota values are reset although you expect no changes to be made.
- New checks are added to make sure that the following items are true:
IssueWarningQuota <= ProhibitPostQuota
MaxItemSize <= ProhibitPostQuota
Article ID: 949852 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 02:47:49 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbqfe kbfix KB949852