You cannot use Outlook as expected until all Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 add-ins are loaded
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You cannot use Microsoft Office Outlook as expected until all Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 add-ins are loaded. Therefore, if you perform an action in Outlook, the action may not finish until another add-in performs an action.
This problem occurs in the following products:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- The Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
When you install this hotfix individually, it enables the following registry subkey:
When this fix is installed as part of an update rollup, you must enable the fix manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\
- Right-click MSCRMClient, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DelayUIDuringAddinInit for the name.
- Right-click DelayUIDuringAddinInit, and then click Modify.
- Type 1 for the value data.
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 950175 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 02:54:09 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, Microsoft CRM client for Microsoft Office Outlook
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate kbqfe kbHotfixServer KB950175