When you double-click the Internet Explorer 7 icon on the desktop after you install Windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer does not start, and a new Internet Explorer shortcut is created
- On a Windows XP-based computer, you install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
- You have Windows Internet Explorer 7 installed.
Note When you click these additional Internet Explorer shortcuts, nothing happens.
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) is installed and activated on the computer.
- Internet Explorer 7 is installed on the computer.
- All the current updates are installed for Windows XP SP2.
- You start Windows XP SP2, and then you insert a Windows XP SP3 Full Product CD into the computer's CD or DVD drive.
- On the Windows XP SP3 installation screen, you select the Upgrade (Recommended) option, and then you complete the installation process.
To download and to install the latest release of Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 950721 - Last Review: 05/06/2008 17:04:13 - Revision: 2.1
- kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB950721