When you try to enable, disable, or update Hyper-V technology, the process stops responding
After you enable, disable, or update Hyper-V technology on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the process stops responding. When you try to enable or update Hyper-V, the computer stalls at "Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3." In this case, only 54 percent of the process is completed. When you try to disable Hyper-V, the computer stalls at "Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3." In this case, only 75 percent of the process is completed.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You enabled, disabled, or updated Hyper-V on a Hewlett-Packard (HP) server.
- The HP Network Configuration Utility was installed.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Shut down the computer.
- Insert the installation CD for Windows Server 2008, and then start the computer from the CD.
- Set your language preference, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
Note You may have to provide disk controller drivers at this point. Click Load Drivers, and then enter the location for the disk controller drivers.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
- In the Choose a recovery tool screen, select Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type C:, and then press ENTER.
- Type cd Program Files\HP\NCU, and then press ENTER.
- Type ren cpqteam.dll cpqteam.dll.safe, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER. The System Recovery Options screen is displayed.
- Click Restart.
- When the server restarts, the configuration of Hyper-V automatically continues.
- When the configuration process is completed, follow these steps:
- Open the "C:\Program Files\HP\NCU" folder.
- Rename the Cpqteam.dll.safe file to Cpqteam.dll.
- Restart the computer.
Hyper-V updates will be distributed by using Windows Update. To help prevent you from experiencing this problem, Windows Update will not present Hyper-V updates to computers that have the HP Network Configuration Utility installed. For more information about the prerequisites to install and to update Hyper-V on HP servers, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
H-V winsrv2008 winsrv2k8
Article ID: 950792 - Last Review: 11/22/2010 01:09:00 - Revision: 1.2
Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Standard
- kbhyperv kbuninstall kbinstallation kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB950792