Folders in Windows Live Photo Gallery do not use the correct "date taken" metadata
This problem occurs if you specify that the folder name should contain "Date Taken" in the Import Settings options. And, you import photos from a source other than a connected camera or a storage card that you take from a camera and put in a card reader. For example, you import photos from a CD or from a DVD, you import previously imported or edited photos and videos, or you download photos and videos from the Web.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
To enable the feature that forces Windows Live Photo Gallery to use the "date taken" metadata, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you are a member of the Administrator group on the computer.
- Click Start, and then use one of the following steps:
- On a Windows Vista-based computer, type run in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- On a Windows XP-based computer, click Run.
- Type regedit.exe, and then click OK to open Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, expand the nodes to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Photo AcquisitionNote If the Photo Acquisition key does not exist, add it. To do this, right-click the Windows Live key, click New, and then click Key.
- Under the Photo Acquisition key, right-click the pane on the right side, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD ForceDateTakenDuringEnumeration.
- Double-click the new ForceDateTakenDuringEnumeration value that you created, and then enter 1 in the Value data field.
- Close Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
Article ID: 951173 - Last Review: 09/22/2011 20:06:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbmsifixme kbfixme kbwinliveportal kbtshoot KB951173