FIX: Outgoing 837 interchanges may contain incorrect GS and ST segment values in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You use Microsoft BizTalk 2006 R2 to send Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) messages.
- On the GS and ST Segment Definition page, under the Party as Interchange Receiver node in the EDI Properties dialog box, you create rows under the "Transaction set specific group header" (GS) section. Then, you enter one of the following values into the For ST1 field of three rows:
- 837_D - Health Care Claim: Dental
- 837_I - Health Care Claim: Institutional
- 837_P - Health Care Claim: Professional
- You click to select the Default box for one of the rows.
This problem occurs because of an error in the EDI components of BizTalk Server 2006 R2. BizTalk Server does not map to the For ST1 field. Therefore, BizTalk Server does not produce the correct values for GS and ST segments for 837_D, 837_I, and 837_P interchanges. Instead, it always uses the values from the row that is selected as the default. Therefore, incorrect 837 documents are produced when the actual 837 document type does not match the default type.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Note Because of file dependencies, the most recent hotfix that contains these files may also contain additional files.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To access the GS and ST Segment Definition, follow these steps:
- In the Parties node of the BizTalk Server Administration Console, right-click a party.
- Click EDI Properties.
- Under the X12 Properties, Party as Interchange Receiver, and X12 Interchange Envelope Generation nodes in the console tree, click GS and ST Segment Definition.
For more information about how to configure GS and ST Segment Definition under the X12 Interchange Envelope Generation node, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
837 R2 EDI BizTalk GS8 GS08 837_D 837_I 837_P
Article ID: 951760 - Last Review: 09/02/2009 04:16:30 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Standard Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Developer Edition, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Branch Edition
- kbautohotfix kbbiztalk2006r2sp1fix kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbhotfixserver kbqfe KB951760