Stop error message when you send or receive e-mail messages on a Windows Vista-based computer that has e-mail scanning software installed: "STOP: 0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M"
Consider the following scenario:
- You are running a Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based computer.
- Antivirus and antispyware with e-mail scanning software is installed on the computer.
- An e-mail client, such as Microsoft Office Outlook or Windows Mail, is configured to receive POP3 or SMTP e-mail messages.
STOP: 0x1000008E (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4) In TCPIP.SYSNote This issue does not occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The e-mail client is configured to receive HTTP e-mail messages instead of POP3 or SMTP e-mail messages.
- The e-mail client works offline.
This issue occurs after you install Window Vista SP1.
Important These steps may increase your security risk. These steps may also make the computer or the network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We recommend the process that this article describes to enable programs to operate as they are designed to or to implement specific program capabilities. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this process in your particular environment. If you decide to implement this process, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect the system. We recommend that you use this process only if you really require this process.
To work around the issue, disable the e-mail scanning software. For more information about how to do this, see the product documentation, or contact the software provider.
This is a known issue in Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
Article ID: 951805 - Last Review: 04/29/2008 21:56:07 - Revision: 1.2
Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate
- kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB951805