How to revert to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 if you cannot upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
This article may contain a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem by using the Windows Installer Cleanup utility, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product, or see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for steps to troubleshoot uninstallation issues with products that use Windows Installer:
How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to revert to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 if you cannot upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
To revert to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server, and then click Remove.
- Make sure that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM files are removed, if the files still exist then delete the files. These are normally found under <drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Delete the databases that are created by the upgrade process. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases.
- Right-click Organization_Name_MSCRM, and then click Delete.
- Right-click MSCRM_CONFIG, and then click Delete.
- Restore the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 MSCRM database that you backed up before you upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, and then restore the Metabase database that you backed up before you upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
For more information about how to restore databases, see the following topics in SQL Server Books Online:
- Using File Backups
- Files and File groups
- Backing up and Restoring Databases
- Obtain the product key from the license table. To do this, run the following query in SQL Server Management Studio against the Organization_Name_MSCRM database.
Select licensekey from license
- Reinstall Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 to the existing databases. To do this, follow these steps:
- Run the Setup program of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
- When you are prompted to enter a product key, enter the product key that you obtained in step 5.
- Click Add, and then click Next.
- Enter the name of the server that is running SQL Server, and then click Connect to existing databases.
- Complete the installation.
Article ID: 952105 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 02:59:48 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmsicuu2 kbmbsupgrade kbexpertisebeginner kbmbsmigrate kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB952105