Event ID 2436 is logged in the Application log when you search for a URL in SharePoint Server 2007
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Office Server Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID: 2436
Description:The start addressURL cannot be crawled.
Context: Application 'SharePointServerPortalname', Catalog 'Portal_Content'
Details:The specified address was excluded from the index. The crawl rules may have to be modified to include this address. (0x80040d07)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
The specified address was excluded from the index. The crawl rules may have to be modified to include this address. (The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it.)
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- In the left navigation pane, click Operations, and then click Blocked file types under Security Configuration.
- On the Blocked File Types page, in the Web Application box, click the Web application that you want to configure.
- On the Blocked File Types page, in the Web Application box, click Change Web Application.
- Under Name, click the entry for the SharePoint site.
- Click to select the .txt file name extension, press DELETE, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for the affected Web application.
- Exit Central Administration.
Article ID: 952172 - Last Review: 12/08/2010 04:38:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbexpertiseinter kburl kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB952172