The installation recognizes the active node as passive when you try to install Antigen 9.0 for Exchange with Service Pack 1 in a cluster environment
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You try to install Microsoft Antigen 9.0 for Exchange with Service Pack 1 (SP1) in a cluster environment. If the server name is longer than 15 characters, you experience the following symptoms:
- The Antigen installation recognizes the active node as passive.
- The Antigen installation cannot obtain the Physical Node Name.
- The Antigen installation process appears to be successful. However, Antigen is not installed on the active node.
- Several issues that are related to Microsoft Exchange Server or to the Active Directory directory service are logged in the Application log.
- The following error message is logged in the program log:
ERROR Can not open file: drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Antigen for Exchange\Exchange Server\Data\Statistics.xml
To resolve this issue, install Hotfix Rollup 3 for Antigen 9.0 for Exchange Service Pack 1.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Hotfix Rollup 3 for Antigen 9.0 for Exchange Service Pack 1
Before you install Hotfix Rollup 3 for Antigen 9.0 for Exchange Service Pack 1, you must have Antigen 9.0 for Exchange with SP1 installed.
Article ID: 952926 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 01:40:22 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Antigen for Exchange Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB952926