FIX: Performance decreases when you migrate Visual Studio 2005 team build types to Visual Studio 2008 team build definitions
- Build time increases significantly.
- You notice high CPU usage on the application tier server and on the data tier server.
- A time-out issue occurs with the build process because a database block occurs on the instance of Microsoft SQL Server on the data tier server.
- Repetitive calls to SQL stored procedures that are stored in the TfsBuild database
- More logging actions to the TfsBuild database in Team Foundation Build.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesYou must apply this hotfix on the application tier server.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||Date|
Article ID: 953021 - Last Review: 07/31/2008 22:27:48 - Revision: 1.0
- kbhotfixserver kbexpertiseadvanced kbqfe KB953021