Consider the following scenario:
- You change the password for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 service accounts in Services Control Manager.
- Then, you restart the Office Communications Server 2007 services.
In this scenario, the following event may be logged in the Event Viewer after several days:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: OCS WMI Event Provider
Event Category: (1027)
Event ID: 56013
Description: The WMI event provider timer callback has failed to retrieve the settings of a class. Will retry again.
Class name: MSFT_SIPTrustedMCUSetting
Retry in 300000 milliseconds
Error Code: 80070005
This issue occurs if the Windows Management Instrumentation service is not restarted when the passwords are updated. When this service is not restarted, the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider is not updated with the new passwords. Because the WMI provider caches credentials, you will not see event ID 56013 in Event Viewer until the cache expires. It takes several days for the cache to expire.
To resolve this issue, restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the list of services, right-click Windows Management Instrumentation, and then click Restart.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to restart other services that will restart together with the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
- Restart all services that depend on the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
Article ID: 953112 - Last Review: June 16, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Speech Server
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition
|kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB953112|