Description of Office Proofing Tools 2007 Service Pack 2
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Overview of Service Pack 2 improvements
- The German spelling checker implemented improvements to the lexical coverage. These improvements include German spelling reform and its contextual spelling checker component. Most notably, the latest decisions of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (held on March 3, 2006) were integrated to update the German spelling checker to the latest official standard. Additionally, the existing German contextual spelling checker was expanded to handle additional error types, such as spelling together or apart, and uppercase versus lowercase spelling. These spelling errors are among the most frequent in the German language.
- Thousands of new words that were collected through Customer Experience Improvement Program at Microsoft since the release of 2007 Office system were added to the speller lexicon.
- The Hebrew spelling checker, Greek hyphenator, and Italian grammar checker were all updated to provide improved performance and stability across these language tools.
- Several issues for Arabic were addressed. This includes improved functionality for the grammar checker and spelling checker.
- Server speller files for Galician, Hindi, and Thai were updated to resolve the issues.
- The Russian spelling checker was updated to include several words that were previously recognized in Microsoft Office 2003.
Service pack packaging
- Unlike with the Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007 SP1, Office Proofing Tools 2007 SP2 now groups the Proofing Tools updates from every language into a single executable file. This change was made so that computers in which multiple proofing tool languages are installed in a more streamlined and efficient manner. It was also made to match the way that the proofing tools were actually released.
Service pack removal
- The 2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support the removal of client updates by using both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 954914 Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
How to obtain and install this service packThe Office Proofing Tools 2007 SP2 is available on the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesAn Excel workbook is available that lists the Office Proofing Tools 2007 issues that are fixed by the service pack.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2007 Office Service Pack 2 Changes_all.xls package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Known issues and behavior changesAfter you install this service pack, you may experience the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Technical informationFor more information about this service pack, including a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 953328 - Last Review: 05/26/2014 02:17:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbupdate kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner atdownload KB953328