Expression Blend - "The file 'Properties' could not be added to the project. A file with the same path already exists."
When opening a WPF project file with Expression Blend under the Results pane, the following error message appears:
The file 'Properties' could not be added to the project. A file with the same path already exists.
The solution file (*.sln) is missing.
The error message is inconsequential and has no effect on testing or building the WPF project. The error message will reappear the next time the WPF project is closed and then opened.
To remove the error message, start Visual Studio 2008 (or Visual Studio 2005 with WPF extensions) and follow these steps:
- File > Open > Project/Solution
- Select your project file and click Open
- File > Close Solution
- When asked to save changes to the solution file (*.sln), click Yes
- Verify the file name and path and then click Save
Now you may open the project file or the solution file in Expression Blend without receiving the error message.
Article ID: 953464 - Last Review: 09/21/2010 16:30:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Expression Blend
- Microsoft Expression Blend 2