This article discusses how to install and how to configure OLE for Point of Sale (OPOS) drivers for a Hewlett-Packard A794 USB receipt printer in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) Store Operations.
Contact Hewlett-Packard to determine whether the printer is compatible with OPOS drivers. To contact Hewlett-Packard support, telephone (800) 474-6836 or telephone (866) 573-8549.
To install and configure OPOS drivers for a Hewlett-Packard A794 USB receipt printer in Store Operations, follow these steps:
- Obtain the Hewlett-Packard OPOS drivers. To download the drivers, visit the following Hewlett-Packard Web site:
- Double-click the Sp39204.exe file that you downloaded.
- During the Setup process, accept all the default settings.
- When you are prompted to select the features to install, click to select the following check boxes:
- USB Driver
- OPOS Driver
- OPOS Control Objects
- When you are prompted to select a USB connection method, click to select the Printer Class check box.
- In Store Operations Manager, open the register properties. To do this, click Database, point to Registers, and then click Register List.
- In the Registers dialog box, click Properties.
- Click the Receipt Printer 1 tab.
- In the OPOS device name field, type A794.
- Make sure that you have a receipt format selected for the receipt printer.
- Click the Cash Drawer 1 tab.
- Click to select the Cash drawer 1 is enabled for this register check box, and then type A794-1 in the OPOS device name field.
- Test the printer and the cash drawer by processing a sales transaction in POS.
For more information, see the User Guide or the Online Help in Manager or in POS. To do this, press F1 for help with entering a sales transaction.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 953518 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System Store Operations 2.0
- Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations 1.3
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertisebeginner kbmbsmigrate kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB953518|