A hotfix is available for Outlook 2003 that enables certain MAPI applications to create new items in a.pst file after the PstDisableGrow registry entry is configured
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsYou can configure the PstDisableGrow registry entry to prevent Outlook 2003 from creating new items in a .pst file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type PstDisableGrow, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click PstDisableGrow, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
After that, if you want to use MAPI applications to create new items in a .pst file when the PstDisableGrow registry entry is configured, apply hotfix package 953671.
To apply hotfix package 953671, follow these steps:
- Install hotfix package 953671.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:953671 Description of the Outlook 2003 hotfix package: May 28, 2008
- Build a PST override handler to bypass the PstDisableGrow policy.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:956070 How to implement a PST override handler to bypass the PSTDisableGrow policy in Outlook 2007
Article ID: 953672 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 10:20:50 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbexpertiseinter kbqfe KB953672