A Windows Server 2008-based DNS server stops responding, and event ID 7023 is logged in the DNS server event log
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control
ManagerEvent ID: 7023
Task Category: None
Description:The DNS Server service terminated with the following error: The network is not present or not started.
Other services that depend on or utilize the DNS Server service may also fail to start.
- The server does not have network connectivity.
- The network device to which the server is connected takes a longer time to start than the server.
- The server has network connectivity, and the link light is displayed.
- The server's network adapter contains a valid IP address.
Article ID: 954423 - Last Review: 07/04/2008 21:20:39 - Revision: 1.0
- kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced kbprb KB954423