The changes in the TOC and PageRef fields do not appear when you compare Word 2007 documents
Steps to solve this problem
- This issue is fixed in the Word 2007 hotfix package that is dated June 20, 2008.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:954576 Description of the Word 2007 hotfix package: June 20, 2008
- Enable the hotfix.
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Fix it button orlink. Click Runin the File Downloaddialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo enable the hotfix, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type CompDiffSupressPageRefOnlyInHdr, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click CompDiffSupressPageRefOnlyInHdr, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
Article ID: 954540 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 18:18:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbsurveynew kbmsifixme kbfixme kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB954540