Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Deployment Manager takes a long time to open on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server
When you open Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Deployment Manager on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Deployment Manager takes a long time to open. After this time, you receive an error message that states that the management console is not responding. However, if you click Cancel, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Deployment Manager opens.
Additionally, when you register Software Development Kit (SDK) plug-ins in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, the registration process times out, and you cannot register.
These issues occur if the following conditions are true:
- Active Directory contains many domain controllers.
- You have insufficient permissions to query all domain controllers.
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
To complete the installation, follow these steps:
- Go to the following registry hive:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Add a new String value that is named PreferredDc.
- Specify the domain controller that you want. Typically, this is the closest domain controller.
- Restart the CRM server.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 954811 - Last Review: 01/20/2012 04:40:00 - Revision: 5.2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbautohotfix kbmbsmigrate kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB954811