You receive an error message when you try to install an Easy Assist session while you are running Windows in safe mode with networking
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Easy Assist Safe Mode Installation package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To install the package and join an Easy Assist session, follow these steps:
- Double-click EasyAssist-SafeModePackage.exe to start the extraction process.
- Choose a location on your computer to extract the required files. For example, create a new folder on your desktop that is named "EasyAssist," and then extract the files to this folder.
- After the files have been extracted, locate and then double-click the SupportConsole.exe. file.
- Enter your information and the meeting details for the Easy Assist session. (The Support Professional can give you the Session ID, Entry Code, and Location information.)
- Click Join to join the session.
Article ID: 955080 - Last Review: 12/02/2011 18:07:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg kbprb vkbportal230 vkbportal107 vkbportal238 KB955080