Error message when you try to run an SSIS package in SQL Server 2008: "The package cannot execute because it contains tasks that failed to load"
Description: There were errors during task validation.
Description: The package cannot execute because it contains tasks that failedto load.
DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).
Note Visual Studio Tools for Applications is installed when you install Business Intelligence Development Studio.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Install SQL Server 2008, including Integration Services.
- Create an SSIS package that includes a script task.
- Uninstall Visual Studio Tools for Applications.
- Use the DTEXEC command to run the SSIS package. You receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 955646 - Last Review: 03/19/2009 22:27:42 - Revision: 2.0
- sql2008relnoteintegrationservices sql2008relnote kbtshoot kbprb KB955646