Error message when you try to configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook: "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms"
If you enable the FIPS 140-2 Security Policy option for Windows Vista or for Windows XP after you configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook, you cannot use the client. Additionally, the option is disabled.
If you enable the FIPS 140-2 Security Policy option for Windows Vista or for Windows XP after you configure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook and you use the offline mode in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook, the option is disabled because the Cassini Web server cannot work as expected.
Installation informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Install this cumulative update rollup on computers that are running the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server components or the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Microsoft Office Outlook components.
Additionally, add the following registry subkeys to their corresponding computers. On the Data Migration client, add the following registry subkey:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and click the specific registry subkey for the computer. For example, on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server, locate Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\.
- Right-click the registry subkey, and then click New.
- Click DWord Value, and then type MSCRMFIPSCompliance .
- Right-click MSCRMFIPSCompliance , click Modify, type 1, and then click OK.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 installed to apply this cumulative update rollup.
Article ID: 955745 - Last Review: 01/20/2012 04:49:00 - Revision: 3.3
- kberrmsg kbfix kbautohotfix kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB955745