FIX: Error message when you try to enable FILESTREAM settings in SQL Server 2008 or in SQL Server 2008 R2: “There was an unknown error applying the FILESTREAM settings”
You try to enable FILESTREAM settings by using SQL Server Configuration Manager in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or in SQL Server 2008 R2. When you do this, you may receive the following error message:
There was an unknown error applying the FILESTREAM settings. Check the parameters are valid
This problem occurs after you upgrade to SQL Server 2008.
This problem occurs because the Filestream file share resource expects the following Microsoft Windows NT path:
However, the Cluster service does not accept a Windows NT path.
To resolve this problem, install hotfix 937444.
For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Error message when you try to create a cluster file share resource in a Windows Server 2003-based cluster: "System error 87 has occurred (0X00000057)"
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 955828 - Last Review: 03/19/2009 22:04:13 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard
- sql2008relnotedatabaseengine sql2008relnote kbtshoot kbprb kberrmsg KB955828