FIX: The Visual Studio 2005 IDE may stop responding or may respond very slowly after you perform some operations to a form that has a complex DataSet control, a DataGridView control, and some DataAdapter controls in a windows-based application
- You edit the code windows and then open the form designer.
- You drag a field from the DataSet control to the designer.
- You right-click the component tray of the form design window and then select Line Up Icons.
- You drag the DataGridView control from data sources to the form.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesYou must have Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Create a text file that contains the following information: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\SmartTasks] "DisableSmartTaskCommandService"=dword:00000001
- Save the file. Name the file "DisableSmartTaskCommandService.reg".
- Double-click the DisableSmartTaskCommandService.reg file to add or to update the registry key.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 956146 - Last Review: 10/08/2011 04:49:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbfix kbqfe KB956146