You receive an error message when you use SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services: "HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed"
- You try to access Report Manager or Report Server by using a URL that resembles one of the following URLs: http://name/reportshttps://name/reportsNote The name placeholder is not the name of the computer on which Report Server and Report Manager are deployed. However, the DNS Client service, the computer's hosts header files, or the computer's Lmhosts files that are located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc folder are configured to send requests to name back to the report server computer.
- You try to access Report Server directly by using one of the following URLs. When you do this, you experience no problems. Additionally, you can browse the Report Server namespace and view all reports by using the following URLs: http://name/reportserverhttps://name/reportserver
- The ReportServerUrl element is specified in the Rsreportserver.config file and is set to resemble one of the following URLs: http://name/reportserverhttps://name/reportserver
- You try to access Report Manager by using one of the following URLs: http://name/reportshttps://name/reports
- Reporting Services is deployed in a scale-out deployment.
- Reporting Services is accessed by using a user-friendly name that does not match the computer name.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0
- Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites that are on the local computer, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
For example, if name is a Windows computer name, such as contoso, the name can likely also be referenced in FQDN form as contoso.domain.com. You must add both representations to the list in BackConnectionHostNames.
Article ID: 956158 - Last Review: 03/19/2009 22:55:49 - Revision: 2.1
- sql2008relnotereportingservices sql2008relnote kbtshoot kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB956158