The Microsoft Exchange Replication service on a Standby Continuous Replication (SCR) target server continually crashes when you enable SCR for a storage group on an Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1-based computer
Consider the following scenario:
- You have two Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based servers that are located in different sites of the same forest. The replication interval is set to 15 minutes or more.
- There is a storage group and a mailbox database on the source server. The database is mounted.
- On the target server, you create a storage group whose name is the same as the storage group on the source server.
- You create a mailbox database in the storage group that uses the same logical name and the same .Edb file name.
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchange Common Event Category: General Event ID: 4999 Description: Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe for process id: <ID>, with parameters: E12, buddy-RTL-AMD64, <version>, M.E.C.ReplayService, M.E.C.ReplayService, M.E.C.R.ReplayManager.AddScrTargetConfigurations, System.NullReferenceException, 34a5, <version>. ErrorReportingEnabled: <True/False>
At the same time, you find the following events in the Application log:
Event Type: WarningEvent Source: MSExchangeReplEvent ID: 2129Event Category: ServiceDescription:The number of standby continuous replication targets on this computer has reached the allowable limit of 9. Because the limit has been reached, configuration W_SCR_Test will not be activated.
Event Type: WarningEvent Source: MSExchangeReplEvent ID: 2130Event Category: ServiceDescription:Configuration W_SCR_Test cannot be activated because DestinationLogPath:<path> has a conflict with existing databases.
Note After you install this hotfix, the Microsoft Exchange Replication service no longer crashes. However, you still have to remove the storage group and the mailbox database that have the same name from the target server.
Article ID: 957374 - Last Review: 01/14/2015 12:58:21 - Revision: 1.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsurveynew KB957374