Consider the following scenario:
- You create a Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 form template that contains an input parameter.
- You publish the template to a content library of a Microsoft Office SharePoint site.
In this scenario, when you try to open multiple instances at the same time of the InfoPath form by using different input parameters, you receive the following error message:
InfoPath cannot open the form because another version of the form template is currently open. Close all forms using the form template and try again.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- This issue is fixed in the InfoPath 2007 hotfix package (Ipeditor.msp) that is dated October 28, 2008. Therefore, you should apply and install this hotfix package.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the InfoPath 2007 hotfix package (Ipeditor.msp): October 28, 2008
- Enable the hotfix.
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the
Fix it button or
dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756To enable the hotfix, follow these steps:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type InputParametersOpenMultipleForms, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click InputParametersOpenMultipleForms, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this article. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support
Article ID: 957385 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsurveynew kbmsifixme kbfixme kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbqfe KB957385|