MS08-070: Description of the security update for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 development platform: December 9, 2008
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS08-070. To viewthe complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from theMicrosoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
To install this security update, you must have at leastWindows Installer 3.1 or a later version installed on the computer. To obtain the latestversion of Windows Installer for the computer, visit the following MicrosoftWeb site:
Update removal informationTo uninstall this update, use theAdd or Remove Programs item in ControlPanel.
Known issues with this security updateFor more information about known issues with updates for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 959423Error message when you try to add the Chart Control ActiveX control or the Masked Edit Control ActiveX control to a form in Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 or in Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1: "Failed to import the ActiveX control"
- 939043 A shared file is rolled back when you uninstall a previously installed update for one edition or SKU on a computer that has more than one edition or SKU of any version of Visual Studio installed
- 939400 Any files that are shared by thetwo editions of Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 or of Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1are deleted when you uninstall the edition of the service pack that youinstalled first
- 938244 The file version is rolled back to the version that was installed by the last service pack when you remove an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, Visual Studio .NET 2002 or Visual Studio .NET 2003
- 944298 Error message when you try to install an update for Visual Studio 2005, for Visual Studio .NET 2003, or for Visual Studio .NET 2002: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
- 942380 Error message when you try to apply a hotfix or an update: "Error 9002. Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Hotfix (KBxxxxxx) cannot be installed because you have one or more hotfixes installed. Remove them and try again."
Command-line switches for this updateFor information about the command-line switches that this update supports, see Microsoft security bulletin MS08-070. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The English (United States) version of this security updatehas the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in thefollowing table. The dates and times for these files are listed in CoordinatedUniversal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted tolocal time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use theTime Zone tab in the Date and Time item inControl Panel.
security update patch bulletin Visual Studio VS 2003 ServicePack 1 VS2003 SP1 flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit ActiveXControl
Article ID: 958393 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 05:27:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseadvanced kbfix kbbug kbsecvulnerability kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbqfe kbsurveynew KB958393