Project 2003 crashes when you expand many subprojects in a master project
|Application name||Application version||Module name||Module version||Offset|
- This issue is fixed in the Office Project Server 2003 and Microsoft Office Project 2003 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package (Project.msp) that is dated October 28, 2008. Therefore, you should apply and install this hotfix package.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:958857 Description of the Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 and Microsoft Office Project 2003 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package (Project.msp): October 28, 2008
- Enable the hotfix. To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable the hotfix yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note if you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\11.0\MS PROJECT
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type FreeODBCCache, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FreeODBCCache, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type True, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
Article ID: 958962 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 18:22:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbsurveynew kbmsifixme kbfixme kberrmsg kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB958962