When you view the Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 policy
settings in the Group Policy Object Editor, you only see the following policy
setting that is related to RPC/HTTP:
Configure Outlook Anywhere user interface
However, this policy setting only configures whether
the dialog box for configuring Outlook Anywhere settings is available to the
This issue occurs because the Outlook Anywhere policy
settings are not included in the Group Policy template
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1.
For more information, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1.
- Install Hotfix 941275.
information, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
941275Note We recommend that you install hotfix 950282 because of a
regression in hotfix 941275.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Outlook 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: January 28, 2008
Description of the Office Outlook 2007 hotfix
package: March 20, 2008
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Article-961112.adm package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In the Group Policy Object Editor add the Article-961112.adm file:
- Right-click Administrative Templates and click Add/Remove Templates.
- In the Add/Remove Templates dialog box click Add.
- In the Policy Templates dialog box locate and select the Article-961112.adm file. Click Open.
- Click Close in the Add/Remove Templates dialog box.
- Under User Configuration in Administrative Templates expand the policy node labeled Article 961112 Policy Settings.
- Select the Outlook Anywhere (RPC/HTTP) node to list the following policies under the Setting column in the right-pane:
- RPC/HTTP Connection Flags
- Proxy Server Name
Only Connect if Proxy Server certificate has this principal name
- Proxy authentication Setting
- Double-click each policy to configure the appropriate RPC/HTTP setting for your Outlook clients.
Article ID: 961112 - Last Review: April 6, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
|kbnomt kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB961112|