Warning message “Vacation pay hours exceed employee vacation available” on the Build Check File Report in Payroll when the employee has sufficient vacation hours in Human Resources in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHINGRAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
When you build checks in Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics GP, the following warning is displayed on the Build Check File Report even though the employee has sufficient vacation hours in the Employee Attendance Maintenance window:
Vacation pay hours exceed vacation availableThis problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The checkbox is marked in Payroll for Warn When Vacation Available Falls Below Zero or Warn When Sick Time Available Falls Below Zero.
- The Accrue type is set to Human Resources.
To resolve the error, the warning checkboxes on the Payroll side need to be cleared. Even though accruals are done in Human Resources, the warning flags on the Payroll side are still being read and cause the error. To resolve this issue, follow one of the options below:
Option 1: Perform the reconcile procedure for Reset Payroll Vacation and Sick Time Information.
- Follow the appropriate step:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and later versions, on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, and then point to Utilities.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, on the Tools menu, point to Utilities.
- Point to Human Resources, and then click Reconcile.
- Click to select the Reset Payroll Vacation and Sick Time Information check box.
- Click Process.
- When you are prompted, print the HR_Reconcile_Report.
- Click OK. This reconcile process will set the vacation and sick balances on the Payroll side to 0.00 and also clear out the flags in Payroll for the system to warn when the balance goes below the available balance.
Option 2: Manually clear the Warn When Vacation Available Falls Below Zero check box in Payroll for each employee.
- Follow the appropriate step:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and later versions, on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, and then point to Setup.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, on the Tools menu, point to Setup.
- Point to Human Resources, point to Attendance, and then click Setup.
- In the Attendance Setup window, in the Accrual Information area, click Payroll, and then click OK.
- On the Cards menu, point to Payroll, and then click Employee.
- In the Employee Maintenance window, type the employee ID in the Employee ID field, and then click Vac/Sick.
- In the Employee Vacation-Sick Time Maintenance window, click to clear the Warn When Vacation Available Falls Below Zero check box.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
DISCLAIMERMICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 961460 - Last Review: 03/29/2016 22:41:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- kbnosurvey kberrmsg kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbprb kbnomt kbexpertisebeginner kbmbsmigrate kbexpertiseinter KB961460