FIX: The specific IME mode that you set for an Edit field may disappear when you return to the Edit field from a .NET Framework 2.0 SP2-based Windows form
Consider the following scenario:
- On a computer that has the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed, you start an unmanaged application that contains an Edit field. For example, the unmanaged application contains a TextBox control.
- You set a specific Input Method Editor (IME) mode for the Edit field.
- You open a .NET Framework 2.0-based Windows Form that is hosted by the unmanaged application.
- You close the Windows Form by clicking a button on the Windows Form.
In this scenario, when you return to the Edit field, the specific IME mode that you set may disappear.
Note If the focus is on the Edit field in which the IME mode is enabled when you close the Windows Form, this problem does not occur.
Hotfix Replacement InformationThe hotfix that corresponds to KB961901 has been superseded with the hotfix KB981145, which contains all fixes that were previously included in KB961901. You should use the hotfix KB981145 to fix the issues described in KB961901. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
981145 Workflows gradually take longer to load in a workflow designer that is re-hosted in the .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article.
For more information about this issue in .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
956569 FIX: The specific IME mode that you set for an Edit field may disappear when you return to the Edit field from a .NET Framework 2.0-based Windows FormFor more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 961901 - Last Review: 08/04/2010 02:13:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
- kbexpertiseinter kbexpertiseadvanced kbautohotfix kbsurveynew kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB961901