After you've created a Transaction Batch, you can post it to the database. When you post a Transaction Batch, Microsoft Forecaster replaces the existing amounts in the posting-level accounts that you are updating with your new amounts.
To Post A Transaction Batch, follow these steps:
- Select Data - Post Transactions from the Program Menu.
- Select the batch to post, to select multiple batches press the Ctrl key and select individual buttons to select individual transactions. To select multiple transactions that appear consecutively, click the Row Selector button for the first transaction in the range. Then, press your Shift key and select the last transaction in the range.
- Enable the Replace Periods checkbox if you want the application to clear all pre-existing account data for the Periods that you are importing before posting your updates.
Note: By selecting the "Replace Periods" option, Microsoft Forecaster will clear Periods for all accounts, not just the accounts that you are importing. Although you may import data for three specific accounts for a given Period, if that Period has any additional accounts associated with it, the Replace Periods option will zero out the data for the Period for all accounts before posting your imported data.
- Select Mark or Clear.
Select Mark if you want to retain all transactions in your Transactions Window for this Batch. Mark will enter the message "POSTED" in the Error field for those transactions that were successfully posted. It will enter error messages for all remaining transactions.
Clear will delete successfully posted transactions from your Transactions Window. Remaining transactions will display with error messages. The Clear option is particularly useful in reviewing long Batches for errors, while the Mark option is useful for Batches that may be re-posted in the future.
- Click on Post to post this Batch to the database.
- Review your Transaction Batch for errors that may have prevented Posting of your Batch.
- How to Create a Transaction Batch
Article ID: 962615 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 1.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive KB962615|